Another fun meme… (speaking of which–i found this neat-o website with a bunch of memes, in case you ever need a topic boost…)
1. It’s fun to _imagine, sometimes (all the time) that my son is some sort of superhero with fantastic uber skills that will bring peace to the world, or create new physics laws, or at least make us fit for Vulcan visitors. Take THAT gravity!_.
2. _Looking into my son’s eyes and hear him repeat what i just said to him, and thinking this is the same as comprehension is a mistake that_ is easy to make.
3. I like to be _the one mom at the park who is NOT hovering over her kid, but instead letting him learn, sometimes the hard way, what he can and cannot do. Besides, bandaids can be fun_.
4. _If a train leaves on place at a certain speed, and another train leaves the opposite place and yet another speed, as many times as i will have this damn equation explained to me, if you ask me to solve for x, or any other number in this damned chinese finger puzzle_ I will never know!
5. Something I’m very much excited about _is actually difficult to put a finger on. I’m not sure if anything has me truly excited at present. I mean, i’m not unhappy or discontent, but i don’t think i could say that anything’s got me in a tizzy. And i’m not convinced that’s a bad thing. There is something to be said for a little peace and quiet–for a little while, at least_.
6. _All those months of paperwork, phone calls, parent classes, observations, more phone calls, cussing out state employees, more paperwork and FINALLY getting an ABA therapist in my home to help Ben_ was well worth it.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to _sitting on the front porch and having a glass (or more…*ahem*) of wine while my Old Man and i watch the sunset_, tomorrow my plans include _spending all day at the American Sewing Guild Conference in downtown LA_ and Sunday, I want to _sleep in–not that this will EVEN be an option_!